Friday, June 1, 2012

movies: Goosebumps

Okay so I was a really big Goosebumps fan growing up (the book series as well as the show) but it wasn't until Sophomore year of college that I became a HUGE fan of Goosebumps since Cartoon Network ran marathons of the show. With the combination of my almost frightening love for Halloween combined with the nostalgia of childhood franchises and low budget (relatively) filmmaking, I started working on a project for the following year: shooting three Goosebumps episodes.

We held a contest on Myspace (haha, right?) where people pitched ideas/titles and the three winners got ten bucks each. I uh... kinda dropped the ball so if your title got picked, I still owe you ten bucks. We shot the episodes over the span of a week and edited them over two days before Halloween.

But Halloween night (which is enormous in Isla Vista), we threw a screening party which was absurdly successful. Here is the entire series in order. Keep in mind there are still minor edits that need to be made, but won't be. Cause... I dunno, I have stuff.











In retrospect, I have no idea how we pulled this off. I also have no idea how my roommates didn't kick me out of the apartment for shooting all that footage. Also, how has the theme music not been pulled from these videos? Also, the window in the garage really helped us out in this shoot.

OH! And I just remembered that when we were shooting Bloodshed II, Megan lifted a blanket and a gigantic rat fell out.

No comments:

Post a Comment